Posted on 2016-11-24 by Author SandiegogaragedoorAdmin
If you want to get the best returns on your garage door investment, it is important to choose the model wisely. You need to consider the important factors that affect the longevity and smooth functioning of your garage door before deciding on buying one. Our technicians are adept at recommending the ideal garage door and door opener for our customers after careful evaluation of their needs and preferences. You can count on us to get the ideal garage door model for your home as our technicians leverage their extensive experience to
You need to consider the following important factors for getting the best return on garage door investment:
1. Choosing a Style
It is more important to match your garage doors style to that of your front windows than that of the front door. In a traditional home setting, it is advisable to ensure that the garage door blends in.
You can consider the following designs, styles or patterns for your garage door:
- Victorian or cottage country homes look better with wood panel garage doors, especially if embellished with hardware such as handles and iron hinges. Make sure the garage door you choose blends in with your homes exterior and its lines look seamlessly as an extension of the homes architectural design.
- Colonial bungalows and homes with a raised ranch look best with simple hardware and horizontal styles.
- Contemporary garage door styles come with simple lines and plain doors or horizontal groves in panels.
Related Post: 5 Major Issues With Garage Door Spring
2. Choice of Material
- By getting an aluminum garage door installed, you will get the benefits of low garage door maintenance, wide variety of colors and styles to choose from, and rustproof design. This lightweight garage door material doesnt put a lot of stress on its operating mechanism.
- Steel garage doors are sturdier than aluminum ones, and they are also available in a wide range of colors, finishes and designs. However, steel doors can rust if there are scratches or dents.
- Traditionalists prefer wood garage doors, and if you are one, be ready to spend some time and money in its maintenance. It is not easy to retain the glorious look of a wood garage door. Thats why many homeowners prefer veneers or overlays on garage doors which resemble the real deal closely and are not as difficult to upkeep.
Also Read: 5 Essential Factors To Consider When Selecting Garage Door Panels
3. Finishing Details
You should customize the look of your garage door according your preferences. Designs should not be limited to the door basics as many manufacturers offer decorative options:
- Garage door panels can be rectangular sections or multiple squares to create a coach house look or a colonial look.
- Decorative hardware handles and hinges are available with a forged-iron and other designs.
- Decorative strapping in an X or Z shape to introduce a nostalgic barn or country look.
- Windows styles include divided lights, large panels, arch tops, etched glass, sandblasted styling, and textured styling, to name a few.
Nowadays, the garage door manufacturers are offering a wide range of styles and colors, more than ever before. San Diego Garage Door Masters can also help you choose the right one based on your specific needs, preferences and budget.